- 1 Carrot, grated, ribboned or spiralised
- Quarter of a head of fennel, roughly chopped or grated
- 3-4 florets of fresh, raw broccoli, finely chopped
- 3 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon of basil pesto (made with vegetarian cheese)
- Cashews (optional)
Simply mix all the ingredients together and serve. Serves 1.
It has been quite an exciting start to 2017. I have begun my Diploma in Mindfulness and also enrolled on a Raw Food Nutritionist Diploma and have spent the last few days experimenting with raw fruits and vegetables.
Fennel is a vegetable that has only recently been introduced into my diet as I had always avoided it due to my absolute loathing of anything aniseed flavoured. But when a bulb of fennel arrived in my weekly vegetable box the Yorkshire girl in me came out and I was determined it was not going to waste so I made a few cooked dishes (gratins, stir fries etc) and added a small amount of fennel to try out the flavour. I was surprised to find that it was not at all as overpoweringly aniseed-y as I expected and it soon began finding its way in to all manner of dishes. It is also good for your digestion and a great source of vitamin C.